Today was Maddie’s first day of school.She is now officially pre-K. It’s going too fast!!
First and foremost, she looked gorgeous. I got this dress during our trip to Paris:
Notes from the day:
- This year she’s in a bigger class — 22 kids, with two teachers, two aides and three paraprofessionals (they help specific kids — including Maddie — who have physical challenges and need extra support). I got to meet Maddie’s para and her new speech therapist. She has the same PT and OT as last year.
- The bus driver’s name is Preston. No, seriously.
- Maddie said hello when she noticed me hanging around the back of the class, but then mostly ignored me. She was busy!
- Sam seemed maniacally happy this morning. All is right in his world again. Of course he was also maniacally happy when she returned at the end of the day.
- Quote of the day: “Sam might be sad today because I’m going to school. He might cry. Mommy might need to comfort him.”
And one last quick snap. This one taken during one of her activities — “painting” with glue and affixing torn paper to the glue. There is a lot of skills in that one activity!